by Michael L. Gowens
276 pp Hardcover
Published (2015) by Sovereign Grace Publications
Trouble is inevitable in life, but when trouble gets inside the heart, a person is really in trouble. Such spiritual "heart trouble" is a threat to every believer living in this world. It may present itself in many different forms:
But there is good news: God has provided help in His word. Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled offers pastoral counsel and biblical comfort to real people with real problems, helping them to navigate the path of suffering with calmness of soul and peace that passes understanding. Writing as a "fellow student in the school of affliction, not as a professor or expert on the subject, but one who has traveled far enough to know that God is real, his promises trustworthy, and his love better than life," Gowens believes that the believer has the spirig.tual resources necessary to glorify God by enduring the many crises of life. These pages contain both practical guidance and substantive encouragement. Here is real help for the hurting.
Chapter titles include:
- Where is God in My Pain?
- Play the Man: Recovering a Masculine Faith
- Cast Down but not Destroyed (Depression)
- When God Says "No" (Disappointment)
- Never Alone (Loneliness)
- Suffering for Well-Doing (Mistreatment)
- A Conscience Void of Offense (Guilt)
- Man of Sorrows: What a Name! (Grief)
- Think on What is True (Fear & Anxiety)
- Songs in the Night
- Never Beyond Hope
- Heaviness Now, But Heaven is Coming
- and more...
|< Prev||Next >|