Ten full-length messages delivered to the congregation of Lexington Primitive Baptist Church in 2006.
John 17 records the Savior’s intercessory prayer on behalf of his own just hours before he went to the cross. It is significant that at this unusually tense moment, his focus is not on himself but on his disciples who would be left behind in this world. He audibly prays for them in their presence in order to give them an object lesson of the kind of ongoing, intercessory ministry he would continue to fulfill on their behalf in his heavenly session. Michael Gowens insists that this chapter is one of the most sublime in tone and comprehensive in content in the whole of Scripture. Draw nigh, if you will, and let’s eavesdrop on this sacred scene in which our Great High Priest prays for us.
1. Eavesdropping on the Holy of Holies – Jno. 17:1ff (51 mins)
2. The Great Plan of Salvation – Jno. 17:1-5 (51 mins)
3. For Whom Did Christ Die? – Jno. 17:2 (59 mins)
4. Mission Accomplished – Jno. 17:2-5 (47 mins)
5. The Unfinished Work of Christ – Jno. 17:6-19 (48 mins)
6. Identifying the Followers of Christ – Jno. 17:6-9 (49 mins)
7. Christ Glorified in Us – Jno. 17:10 (52 mins)
8. Kept Safe in the World – Jno. 17:11-15 (55 mins)
9. Holiness in an Unholy World – Jno. 17:16-19 (53 mins)
10. Glory to Come – Jno. 17:22-24 (55 mins)